Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Better

At a gathering I attended some time back I overheard someone say they were ready for adult conversation (ie tired of talking about our kids).  For some reason that really hurt me to hear.  I guess this stage in my life is all about balancing being a wife and mom.  Both are new *jobs* I'm still getting used to.  I LOVE my new *jobs* - I'm excited to talk about them and share all the great news from them.  So it was hard to suddenly feel like what was so exciting and fun for ME to talk about was pretty ho-hum for someone else?!   Am I turning into someone boring now?  (Was I always boring?  lol)  Is my whole life revolving around my family/husband/child?  Isn't it supposed to be?  I'm still working through this one with a lot of prayer....It's good to know that God will never let us down and always gives us just what we need.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tori just started going to Kids Day Inn recently.  She goes for 4 hours once a week and LOVES it!  Yesterday they handed out Valentines.  She thought this was pretty fantastic!  (I hope she always feels this way about this holiday!)  When we were leaving I had a little boy tell me that Tori was his "New Friend".  I looked over at Tori - who was just BEAMING - and thought to myself "How cool is it that I get to be here for these moments?"  I am so very thankful that I have this amazing opportunity to be a stay-at-home-mom.  I am not missing out on a single thing that goes on in her life.  What an amazing gift my husband has given both Tori and I!  We are very thankful for him on so many levels. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tori's teacher asked me to fill-in and bring snacks in a couple of weeks.  I am actually feeling pressure to bring a good snack - so as not to embarass my child!  lol  "Oh your mom is the mom who brought us boiled eggs!"  (Now how can THIS not be fun stuff to talk about?  Being a mom is pretty cool ya know?!)

 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"So let's stop condemning each other. Decide instead to live in such a way that you will not cause another believer to stumble and fall."  ~ Romans 14:13, NLT




No comments:

Post a Comment